Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Seriously, Jinjums? ONLY YOU



Today, I waited outside the post office  near my house for roughly forty minutes. I felt like an abandoned puppy awaiting her master to come back home.


I received a letter of reference from my counselor today and was so stoked. I couldn't wait to mail that baby out and get on with my life. Really, I couldn't wait.

I ended up dropping off the sealed envelope with only the college as the return address into the drive-through mailbox (outside of the post office). My mom realized that I DIDN'T PUT A STAMP ON IT.

JESUS.

I DIDN'T PUT A STAMP ON THE ENVELOPE. I lost it. I was losing it. I am slowly losing bits and pieces of my sanity. I don't know how much there is left. I frantically texted Tiff during this thirty minute lapse - all the while groaning and laughing at my own stupidity. I chuckled to myself, "Only me.."

Seriously, only me. Why do things like this occur in my life. After waiting for a good fifty minutes,  no one came out and the post office was closed. It closed 40 minutes ago. Why did it not occur to me to go in?
Simple: I was waiting for a beacon of light in post-man form to open the mailbox and gather the letters.

Silly me.

I eventually sent an email to my counselor, expressing my apologies and embarrassment of what just occurred.  This ordeal seems somewhat comical and fictional. However, it's real. And it would only happen to me.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight!

With much love,
Elisa

2 comments: